Sunday, March 25, 2012

Another day....

As I’m researching agents to send my query, I’m wishing I had a secretary or even an assistant to do the work for me.

Anyone else feel that way?

I am most thankful that I purchased Jeff Herman’s Guide to Book Publishers, Editors, and Literary Agents from Borders (RIP) when I did. It’s proving to be helpful.

Why do I like this book, you ask? Well, because it not only gives you the basics on who you are pitching your idea to, but you get to find out more about the agent as a person. Interesting details like where they worked before they decided to be agents or what their favorite hobbies were, and my favorite, what would you be doing if you weren’t an agent?

So, between yesterday and today I have managed to find ten more people to send my query. Here’s hoping something or someone rather bites. I’ll wait till next week to send more. So far I’ve had rejections.

So, until then, I’ll work on revisions and finishing my other outstanding projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment