Thursday, March 29, 2012

Timing is everything....

Friends with Kids is a hilariously funny movie and so true. Not that I’m in a heterosexual relationship, but I imgine it would wind up something like that. If you haven’t seen it, you should.  It’s the classic tale of how timing changes everything.

So recently I ran into a slight problem, no I’ll call it situation.  As it turns out I chose a title that brings up a lot of questions for my readers (a group of 8-10 women at work between the ages of 19-55). They wanted to know when the title was going to tie in with the characters and me being the writer could not answer them.  To counteract their questions I simply changed the names.  I simply couldn’t change my story anymore. It’s been a three year long struggle to finally write a manuscript I enjoy.  Any advice?
In other news I have finalized my trip to finally visit the Wizardy World of Harry Potter in July! I am so excited.

The title of the blog is perfect. I know when the time comes I'll find the agent that will rock my novel right into the publishers and out for the world to read.
Song of the Day: "Rolling in the Deep"--Adele

(Picture taken on the River Road in Alton IL might be closer to Grafton IL)

No comments:

Post a Comment